Frequently Asked Questions

Can I change my meal plan?

To change a Meal Plan please visit myNortheastern or contact Husky Card Services at or 617.373.8740.

For exceptions to published Meal Policies please contact We Care at or 617.373.4384.

What do I do if I have dietary restrictions, a special diet or food related medical needs?

Provide the university with documentation that you have a diagnosis for your dietary restriction, special diet or food related medical need. Complete and submit the Meal Plan Modification Form, which can be found on myNortheastern. Schedule an appointment with Registered Dietitian, Christine M. Clark, at University Health and Counseling Services.

Registered Dietitian, Christine M. Clark

Dining Room Visits and Discussions

If you would like to discuss or visit the dining rooms to review food choices, food labeling and the measures we take to offer choices that might meet your dietary restriction, special diet or food related medical need, please contact Registered Dietitian Christine M. Clark or Campus Executive Chef Tom Barton.

Campus Executive Chef, Tom Barton

Where can I use my Traditional and/or Profiler meal plan?

Residential Dining Rooms

Enjoy your meals at our three All You Care To Eat residential dining rooms: International Village, Levine Marketplace, and Stetson West Eatery. All offer a wide range of menu choices in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.

Student Meal Plan Exchange locations

You can use your meal plan exchange at Outtakes, The West End, Café Crossing and Rebecca's Cafe. Students have the opportunity to use up to three Student Meal Plan Exchanges in one calendar day (12:00 am - 11:59 pm).

Please be advised: due to operational needs and/or seasonal renovations, the hours of operation at each dining facility may vary during holidays, semester breaks, and summer sessions. Individual dining locations may also be closed during these periods as well.

For the latest updates about changes in hours of operation, please visit the Hours of Operation page or follow NUDining on Facebook and Twitter.

I am a freshman commuter; do I have to have a meal plan?

No, freshmen and upperclassmen living in Meal Plan Required Residence Halls must have a traditional meal plan; for all others it is optional.

When do the meal plans start and end during the week?

A traditional meal plan is valid from Sunday morning breakfast through Saturday evening dinner. Profiler meals are valid for one year, from August-August; The 2016-2017 Profiler is valid August 28, 2016 through August 26, 2017, The 2017-2018 Profiler is valid August 27, 2017 through August 25, 2018.

I have a profiler plan but I ran out of meals. Can I get more?

Yes, if you run out of meals on your Profiler plan you can simply purchase for another block of meals by visiting myNortheastern.

Dining Dollars

Each student who purchases a traditional meal plan receives Dining Dollars as part of their plan that can be used at all dining locations on and around campus. Dining Dollars must be spent during the term they are issued as they do not roll over. Once the allotted Dining Dollars are used, you cannot add any additional funds.

Where you see this sign in an establishment's window or on its register, you are able to use both Husky Dollars and Dining Dollars.

Where you see this sign in an establishment's window or on its register, you are able to use Husky Dollars only.

Husky Dollars

  • The most popular & recognized form of payment on the Northeastern campus, Husky Dollars let you spend your money on what you want.
  • Husky Dollars can be spent on food, books and much more at any vendor that accepts Husky Dollars.
  • Vendors that accept the Husky Card on-campus and off-campus.
  • You decide how much money you want available in your Husky Dollars account and how you’d like to spend it.
  • Use your Husky Card instead of cash when you shop in and around campus and see how convenient it is!
  • Your Husky Dollars do not expire. Once you add Husky Dollars to your account, they will remain active and on the card until you graduate or officially leave the University.
  • Please be aware that once Husky Dollars are added to an account, they cannot be refunded until the withdrawal or graduation of the student.
  • Husky Dollars Policies

Report a Lost/Stolen Card

Report your card lost through the Husky Card Preferences link on your myNortheastern. Replacement Husky Cards can be obtained at the following locations:

Husky Card Services
4 Speare Commons
Hours: M-Th 8:30am-7:00pm, Fridays 8:30am-5:00pm

Public Safety/Northeastern University Police Department
716 Columbus Place
Hours: Replacement cards printed when Husky Card Services is closed.

Facilities Customer Service
Cullinane Hall, First Floor
Hours: Replacement cards printed when Husky Card Services is closed.

If your Husky Card is lost/stolen:

  • Once your lost or stolen Husky Card is replaced, the old card is permanently unavailable for use and cannot be reactivated at any time.
  • There is a $25 nonrefundable fee to replace a lost/stolen Husky Cards. The fee will be billed to your tuition account, or you can make the payment at Student Financial Services, 354 Richards Hall, and bring your receipt to the Husky Card Services office, 4 Speare Commons, to obtain your new Husky Card.
  • If your Husky Card is broken, you may exchange the card for a new one free of charge provided you submit your broken card at the time you request the replacement card. Submitting the broken card at a later time will not entitle you to a reversal of prior card-replacement charges.
  • If you feel your card has been used unjustly and funds are missing from your account, you must open a police report with NUPD before any reconciliation can take place.

To learn more about your Husky Card please visit the Husky Card Services website.